Cabbage And Bean Soup
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Small red potatoes||1⁄2 Pound, cut in to chunks|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 Large, cut into moons|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned diced tomatoes||15 Ounce|
|Canned butter beans||15 Ounce|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Medium, cored and thinly sliced|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large pan, heat olive oil over a medium high heat.
2. Add potatoes and a pinch of salt. Let it cook for five minutes till potatoes brown.
3. Add onions and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes,
4. Add beans, broth, tomatoes and a hint of salt and pepper. Bring it to a boil.
5. Once it starts boiling, add cabbage. Let it for around 5 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
6. Serve Cabbage and Bean soup with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
Calories 169 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.9%
Saturated Fat 0.6 g3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.6 mg1.2%
Sodium 338.4 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.2%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 38.3%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet