Mushroom Soup Supreme
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Teaspoon|
|Envelope of instant chicken broth/Chicken broth||2|
1. Wash mushrooms; trim ends off stems, then cut through caps and stems to make tissue-thin slices.
2. Saute, stirring often, in butter or margarine in a medium-size saucepan for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice; toss lightly to mix.
3. Blend in flour and salt; stir in water and instant chicken broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles 3 minutes.
4. Beat egg yolks well with sherry in a small bowl; blend in about a half cup of the hot mushroom mixture, then stir back into remaining mixture in saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute longer.
5. Ladle soup into heated cups or bowls.