Chilled Cucumber And Mushroom Soup
|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Small, skinned and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), skinned and crushed|
|Cucumber||1 , peeled, finely chopped|
|Vegetable stock/Chicken stock||1 1⁄4 Pint (750 milliliter)|
|Mushrooms||3 Ounce, chopped (75 gram)|
|Single cream||3⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter)|
|Chopped fresh mint||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Mushroom slices||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1. Place the oil, onion and garlic in a large ovenproof bowl, three-quarters cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 5-7 minutes or until softened.
2. Add the cucumber and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes or until the cucumber is slightly softened.
3. Stir in the stock and season well with salt and pepper. Three-quarters cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 6-7 minutes or until the cucumber is tender.
4. Leave for 5-10 minutes to cool slightly, then stir in the mushrooms. Puree the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth, then leave for 1-2 hours until cool.
5. Stir in the cream, mint, and food colouring, if using, adjust the seasoning and chill.
6. Ladle the soup into individual chilled bowls and serve garnished with mushroom slices.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 968 Calories from Fat 750
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g131.2%
Saturated Fat 45.4 g227.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 237.6 mg79.2%
Sodium 1290.4 mg53.8%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34.1%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 16 g31.1%
Vitamin A 63.2% Vitamin C 40.5%
Calcium 44.6% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet