Warm, creamy roasted red bell pepper soup for a rainy day.
Red bell peppers
6 Clove (30 gm), mince
Chicken broth/Vegetable broth
8 Cup (128 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Freshly grated nutmeg
Sharp cheddar cheese
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Place the heavy duty foil sheet on the bottom rack.
3. Place peppers directly on tin foil.
4. Roast about 20 minutes, turning several times until blackened and deflated.
5. Place in brown paper bag, close up and let steam 10 minutes.
6. In the meantime, in the soup pot pout olive oil and add the garlic, sauté for few seconds.
7. Pour the chicken broth and allow it to heat up.
8. Remove the skin from the red bell pepper and roughly chop it.
9. Add it in the food processor and puree it smooth.
10. Add the puree to the stock, heavy cream, salt and pepper and nutmeg, stir to combine.
11. Simmer the soup for 10 minutes and then turn off the heat.
12. Serve with grated sharp cheddar cheese.
Things You Will Need
Heavy duty foil sheet
Brown paper bag