Smooth Pumpkin Soup Dark Rum and Walnuts
|Finely chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Mashed cooked pumpkin/Squash||2 Cup (32 tbs), or pureed|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dark rum||2 Tablespoon|
1. Place walnuts on a baking sheet. Toast in a 350°F (180°C) oven for about 5 minutes.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt, pepper and cinnamon until blended. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly until mixture is smooth.
3. Bring to a boil and cook, whisking, until mixture is thickened.
4. Whisk in pumpkin and cream. Cook about 2 minutes longer to heat through. Stir in rum.
5. Ladle into hot soup bowls. Garnish with toasted chopped walnuts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1775 Calories from Fat 1192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g209.2%
Saturated Fat 74.5 g372.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 349.4 mg116.5%
Sodium 2878.9 mg120%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.3%
Dietary Fiber 15 g59.9%
Sugars 36.6 g
Protein 36 g72.6%
Vitamin A 77.5% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 88.3% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet