Filipino Chicken Sotanghon Soup
|Chicken||2 Pound, cleaned|
|Sotanghon||4 Ounce (Vermicelli Noodles)|
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Garlic cloves||4 , minced|
|Annatto water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Julienned carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion leeks||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Toasted garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Patis||3 Tablespoon (Fish Sauce)|
|Shredded cabbage||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried bay leaf||1|
1. Pour water in a saucepan, apply heat, and let boil.
2. Put-in bay leaf and chicken. Simmer until chicken is tender.
3. Remove the chicken and bay leaf from the cooking pot and let cool. Save the water used to tenderize the chicken for later use (as chicken stock).
4. Separate the chicken meat from the bone then tear the meat into small pieces. Set aside.
5. Soak sotanghon noodles in water for 6 minutes
6. In a cooking pot, pour-in cooking oil then sauté garlic and onion.
7. Put-in the chicken, fish sauce and ground black pepper then pour-in annatto water, and chicken bouillon.
8. Pour the chicken stock and let boil. Simmer for 30 minutes.
9. Add the carrots and celery then cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
10. Put-in cabbage, onion leeks, and sotanghon noodles then cook for 2 minutes more.
11. Turn-off heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
12. Top with toasted garlic and serve while hot.
13. Share and enjoy!