Mushroom And Fresh Coriander Soup
|Mushrooms||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground almonds||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Semi skimmed milk||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Chopped coriander||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Plus More For Garnish)|
|Virtually fat free fromage frais||1 Tablespoon|
|Paprika||To Taste (For Garnish)|
1. Dice the onion, wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp cloth and slice coarsely.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the onion and bay leaf and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes.
3. Lower the heat slightly and add salt to taste, the pepper, ground almonds and nutmeg. Stir in 300 ml / 1/2 pint water and the milk. Bring back to just below the boil, cover with a lid and simmer gently for 7-10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
4. Add the fresh coriander, carefully transfer the soup to a liquidizer or food processor (in batches if necessary) and process until smooth.
5. Return the soup to the pan and reheat. Stir in the fromage frais.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 637 Calories from Fat 369
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.1%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 422.3 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.5%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 28 g55.9%
Vitamin A 42.4% Vitamin C 40.1%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet