Roasted Pepper Soup With Black Pepper Cream
|Peppers||6 Large (Red Or Yellow)|
|Leeks||4 , thinly sliced (White And Pale Green Parts Only)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock/Chicken stock||750 Milliliter|
|Black peppercorns||2 Teaspoon|
|Mascarpone cheese||3 Fluid Ounce (75 Milliliter)|
|Milk||3 Fluid Ounce (75 Milliliter)|
1. Put the peppers into a large roasting tin and roast in a preheated oven, 240°C (475°F), Gas Mark 9, for 20-30 minutes, turning once, until they begin to char. Remove the peppers from the oven, put them into a polythene bag and close it tightly. Leave for 10 minutes to steam.
2. Put the leeks into a bowl of cold water to soak for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the peppers from the bag and peel off the skins, then pull out the stalks - the seeds should come with them. Halve the peppers, scrape out any remaining seeds and roughly chop the flesh. Swish the leeks around in the water to loosen any mud, then drain and rinse well.
4. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the leeks and cook gently for 10 minutes until soft but not coloured. Add the peppers, stock and a little salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Pound or grind the black peppercorns as finely as possible. Beat the mascarpone with the milk and pepper. Season with salt, cover and chill in the refrigerator until needed.
6. Puree the soup in a blender or food processor, then pass it through a sieve into the rinsed-out pan. Reheat, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.