Cream Of Celery Soup
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Celery head||1 Large, washed, trimmed and thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Medium, skinned and chopped|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (900 Milliliter)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Single cream||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Celery leaves/Parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Put the butter into a 2.8 litre (5 pint) ovenproof glass bowl and microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds until the butter melts. Add the celery and onion and stir well to coat evenly with the butter. Cover with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent. Microwave on HIGH for 6-8 minutes until the celery softens, stirring frequently.
2. Add the chicken stock, milk, salt, pepper and bouquet garni to the celery. Three-quarters cover the bowl with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 18-20 minutes until the celery is very soft.
3. Cool the soup slightly, remove the bouquet garni and then puree in a blender or food processor, or rub through a sieve.
4. Return the soup to a clean, ovenproof serving bowl and reheat on HIGH for 2 minutes.
5. Stir the cream into the soup. Serve garnished with chopped celery leaves or parsley.