Corn And Bacon Soup With Jalapeno Cream
|Ears of corn||10 Medium, shucked|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lean bacon||2 Ounce, finely diced|
|Celery rib||1 , finely diced|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced yellow bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Jalapeno||1 , seeded and very finely chopped|
|Chopped cilantro||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/2 Tablespoon For Garnishing)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Fresh)|
|Ground pepper||To Taste (Fresh)|
1. Set a box grater in a wide, shallow bowl and coarsely grate 6 ears of corn; you should have 2 cups of grated corn. Cut the kernels from the remaining 4 ears; you should have 2 cups of kernels.
2. In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the bacon, celery, onion and yellow pepper, cover and cook over low heat, stirring a few times, until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the grated corn, the milk and 1 cup of the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer, stirring often, until the soup is thickened, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and the cayenne pepper and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil until simmering. Add the corn kernels to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat, stirring a few times, until they are lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Season with salt. Stir the cooked corn kernels into the soup and keep warm.
4. In a blender, whip the remaining 1/2 cup of cream to soft peaks, about 20 seconds. Add the sour cream, jalapeho, chopped cilantro and lemon juice and blend until thick. Season with salt and white pepper.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls, top with spoonfuls of the jalapeho crema and garnish with cilantro leaves; serve at once.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5440 Calories from Fat 2114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 238 g366.8%
Saturated Fat 109.3 g546.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 627.6 mg209.2%
Sodium 1498.4 mg62.4%
Total Carbohydrates 811 g270.2%
Dietary Fiber 95.5 g381.9%
Sugars 165.8 g
Protein 148 g295.5%
Vitamin A 343% Vitamin C 427.2%
Calcium 125.7% Iron 129.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet