This Cream Of Broccoli Soup is creamy yet low-fat soup. This is a delicious meal that’s healthy and full of nutrients. Cream Of Broccoli Soup is also a vegan soup recipe that replaces butter with chickpeas.
4 Cup (64 tbs)
1 Large, unpeeled and scrubbed, cut into chunks (Russet)
1 , diced
3 Clove (15 gm), peeled
1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked or canned, rinsed and drained
4 Cup (64 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1. In a large soup pot, put together water or broth, potato, onion, garlic, celery seeds, thyme, marjoram, turmeric, and pepper.
2. Heat over medium heat; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in the chickpeas and remove the pot from the heat and let cool slightly.
4. In a blender, transfer a part of the ingredients and process on lowest speed for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is completely smooth.
5. Pour the pureed soup to the pot and puree the balance mixture as well and add to the pot.
6. Stir in the broccoli and 1 teaspoon of the salt.
7. Cover the pot and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the broccoli is fork-tender.
8. Taste seasoning and adjust to taste.
9. Serve immediately or store the leftover Cream Of Broccoli Soup in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Loaded with onions, garlic, broccoli, and garbanzo beans - which are some of the world's healthiest foods - this cozy soup packs a powerhouse of nutrients. So if your body's batteries could use a little recharging, we suggest a warm bowl of this deliciously simple broccoli soup. It tastes so good it's easy to forget how good it is for you. It's broccoli season right now, so you should have no trouble finding bunches that are both flavorful and inexpensive. In cooler climates, start looking for freshly harvested, organically grown broccoli at farmers' markets in the coming weeks.