This Cream Of Broccoli Soup is creamy yet low-fat soup. This is a delicious meal thats healthy and full of nutrients. Cream Of Broccoli Soup is also a vegan soup recipe that replaces butter with chickpeas.
|Water/Vegetable broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Potato||1 Large , unpeeled and scrubbed, cut into chunks (Russet)|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm) , peeled|
|Celery seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric||1/4 Teaspoon , ground|
|Black pepper||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Canned chickpeas||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) , cooked or canned, rinsed and drained|
|Broccoli florets||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large soup pot, put together water or broth, potato, onion, garlic, celery seeds, thyme, marjoram, turmeric, and pepper.
2. Heat over medium heat cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in the chickpeas and remove the pot from the heat and let cool slightly.
4. In a blender, transfer a part of the ingredients and process on lowest speed for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is completely smooth.
5. Pour the pureed soup to the pot and puree the balance mixture as well and add to the pot.
6. Stir in the broccoli and 1 teaspoon of the salt.
7. Cover the pot and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the broccoli is fork-tender.
8. Taste seasoning and adjust to taste.
9. Serve immediately or store the leftover Cream Of Broccoli Soup in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 971Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.8%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4209 mg175.38%
Total Carbohydrates 197 g65.7%
Dietary Fiber 28 g112%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 49 g98%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet