Watercress And Orange Soup
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Onion||1 Large, skinned and chopped|
|Watercress bunch||2 Large, trimmed, washed and chopped|
|Flour||45 Milliliter (3 Leveled Tablespoons)|
|Chicken stock||2 Pint (1.1 Liters)|
|Orange||1 Medium, grated rind and juice|
|White bread slice||3|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliters)|
1. Put the butter into a 2.8 litre (5 pint) ovenproof glass bowl and microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds until the butter melts. Add the onions, cover with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent, and microwave on HIGH for 5-6 minutes until the onions soften.
2. Add the watercress to the onions, cover and microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and stock. Three-quarters cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add the orange rind and 45 ml (3 tbsp) orange juice to the soup. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.
4. Cut the bread into small cubes and grill until golden.
5. Return the soup to a clean ovenproof glass bowl and stir in the cream. Microwave on LOW for 6-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot but not boiling.
6. Serve the soup either hot or well chilled, garnished with the toasted croutons.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1519 Calories from Fat 728
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g125.9%
Saturated Fat 46.9 g234.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229.9 mg76.6%
Sodium 2169 mg90.4%
Total Carbohydrates 155 g51.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.2%
Sugars 45.6 g
Protein 41 g82.7%
Vitamin A 55.6% Vitamin C 184.1%
Calcium 32% Iron 27.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet