1) Heat the oil in a pot and add all the vegetables except cilantro and potatoes and sauté.
2) Add pepper, bay leaves and spices and mix well.
3) Add the lemon zest with the juice and add hand crushed tomatoes and all the liquid ingredients into the pot.
4) Add to the pot cilantro, potatoes and sea salt to taste and bring to a boil for few minutes.
5) Add Calamari and bring to simmer.
6) Place the pot in a thermo cooker and leave for 2 hours.
7)Serve hot in a bowl.
Served best with a Baguette.
The same recipe can be made by simmering the dish on a slow flame on the stove.
Seafood chowders are rich with texture and flavor and here is a recipe to make one. Check out Stephanie making Turks & Caicos Conch Chowder using calamari steaks, coconut milk, vegetables and lot of flavors. Great treat to have on the beach!