Quick Almond Soup
|Crushed almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/5 cup vegetable stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan bring the stock to a boil.
2. Add crushed almonds, salt and pepper and cook and simmer for 1/2 an hour.
3. Before serving add slivered almonds and boil for another 10 minutes.
4. Pour soup into soup bowls and decorate with cream.
5. If thick soup is required add 1 tbsp of cornflour mixed in a little water, cook for 2 minutes and serve.