Quick Almond Soup
|Crushed almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/5 cup vegetable stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan bring the stock to a boil.
2. Add crushed almonds, salt and pepper and cook and simmer for 1/2 an hour.
3. Before serving add slivered almonds and boil for another 10 minutes.
4. Pour soup into soup bowls and decorate with cream.
5. If thick soup is required add 1 tbsp of cornflour mixed in a little water, cook for 2 minutes and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1991 Calories from Fat 990
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g178.3%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.2 mg14.7%
Sodium 2327 mg97%
Total Carbohydrates 175 g58.4%
Dietary Fiber 24.1 g96.3%
Sugars 67.6 g
Protein 76 g152.3%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 80.2% Iron 54.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet