Dumplings For Soup
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (sifted)|
1. Bring 1 cup water, butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a rolling boil.
2. Add flour all at one time.
3. Beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a smooth ball. Remove from heat. Quickly beat in 2 eggs one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
4. Continue beating until smooth and thick.
5. Heat 2 qts. water and 2 teaspoons salt to boiling in a large saucepan.
6. Drop dumpling dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into water. (Dough will drip more readily from a spoon moistened in the boiling water.) Cook only as many dumplings at one time as will float, uncrowded, one layer deep. Cook 3 to 5 min., or until dumplings rise to surface of water. Remove dumplings with a slotted spoon. Put several dumplings in each soup plate and spoon or ladle soup over them.