Cream Of Tomato Soup With Croutons
|Canned italian plum tomatoes in juice||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Small red potatoes||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and diced|
|Diced red bell peppers||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh coriander||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat bread slice||1|
|Skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
2. In a medium-size saucepan combine the tomatoes and their liquid, the tomato juice, potatoes, bell peppers, onion, 2 tablespoons of the coriander, the garlic and black pepper, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cut the bread into 1/2-inch cubes, spread them on a baking sheet and bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until golden; set aside to cool.
4. Remove the pan of soup from the heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes. Puree the soup in a food processor or blender 1 minute, or until smooth. With the machine running, gradually add the milk.
5. Return the soup to the pan and reheat it over medium-high heat; do not boil. Ladle the soup into bowls, top with croutons and garnish with the remaining coriander.