Asian Hot And Sour Soup
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Soya sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Bean sprouts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||2 , chopped|
|Water chestnuts||4 , chopped|
|Minced chicken/Pork||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Heat oil in a heavy saucepan, add chopped onions and saute till transparent.
2. Gradually add stock, lemon juice, soya sauce, salt, pepper, mushrooms, water chestnuts, bean sprouts and the minced chicken or pork.
3. Boil on moderate heat, stirring constantly.
4. Cover and simmer for half an hour.
5. Before serving make a paste of the cornflour and add to soup.
6. Bring to boil stirring constantly.
7. Add a pinch of aji-no-moto and serve piping hot. A slightly beaten egg can also be added before serving.