MINTY PEPPERY TOMATO SOUP
|Fresh tomato||500 Gram|
|Leek mirepoix||50 Gram|
|Bouquet garni||50 Gram (to include mint)|
|Chicken stock/Veg stock||1 1⁄2 Liter|
|Crushed peppercorn||10 Gram|
|White bread slice||4|
1. Sweat mirepoix in melted butter without colour.
2. Add flour and cook till raw flavour goes off.
3. Add roughly chopped ripe tomatoes and sauté well.
4. Pour in chicken stock with bouquet garni and simmer stirring occasionally to ensure that the flour does not get stuck at the bottom of the pan, Cook for 30 minutes on slow fire.
5. Strain the soup through soup strainer, check consistency and seasoning.
6. Add cream and a dash of sugar to remove tartiness of tomatoes.
7. Prepare croutons from bread slices and dry them in oven.
8. Use these oven dried croutons for garnish along with mint leaf and cream