Chicken Linguisa And Vegetable Soup
|Boned skinned chicken thighs||1 Pound, fat trimmed (6 Pieces)|
|Linguisa sausage||3⁄4 Pound|
|Onions||1 1⁄4 Pound, peeled and thinly sliced (2 Pieces)|
|Thinly sliced carrots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fat skimmed chicken broth||2 Quart|
|Roma tomatoes||1⁄2 Pound, rinsed, cored, and diced|
|Thinly sliced cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped fresh mint leaves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Rinse chicken and cut into 1-inch cubes. Cut linguisa into '/2-inch slices.
2. In a 6-quart pressure cooker over high heat, stir linguisa until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl.
3. Discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Stir occasionally until onions are limp, about 5 minutes. Add broth, chicken, linguisa with juices, tomatoes, cabbage, and lemon peel.
4. Seal cooker. Following manufacturer's instructions, bring to maximum pressure (15 lb.); adjust heat to stabilize cooking rate. Cook 10 minutes. Release pressure quickly, running cold water over pan.
5. Open pan, add peas, lemon juice, and mint. Stir occasionally over high heat until simmering. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3033 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g116%
Saturated Fat 34.7 g173.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 572 mg190.7%
Sodium 6701.1 mg279.2%
Total Carbohydrates 337 g112.3%
Dietary Fiber 68 g272.1%
Sugars 79.3 g
Protein 273 g545.7%
Vitamin A 1034.8% Vitamin C 445.8%
Calcium 73.8% Iron 88.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet