Chicken Linguisa And Vegetable Soup
|Boned skinned chicken thighs||1 Pound, fat trimmed (6 Pieces)|
|Linguisa sausage||3⁄4 Pound|
|Onions||1 1⁄4 Pound, peeled and thinly sliced (2 Pieces)|
|Thinly sliced carrots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fat skimmed chicken broth||2 Quart|
|Roma tomatoes||1⁄2 Pound, rinsed, cored, and diced|
|Thinly sliced cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped fresh mint leaves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Rinse chicken and cut into 1-inch cubes. Cut linguisa into '/2-inch slices.
2. In a 6-quart pressure cooker over high heat, stir linguisa until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl.
3. Discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Stir occasionally until onions are limp, about 5 minutes. Add broth, chicken, linguisa with juices, tomatoes, cabbage, and lemon peel.
4. Seal cooker. Following manufacturer's instructions, bring to maximum pressure (15 lb.); adjust heat to stabilize cooking rate. Cook 10 minutes. Release pressure quickly, running cold water over pan.
5. Open pan, add peas, lemon juice, and mint. Stir occasionally over high heat until simmering. Add salt and pepper to taste.