Lemon and Spinach Soup
|Blanched and pureed spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Cauliflower florets||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced bean curd||1 Cup (16 tbs) (tofu)|
|Sliced carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock||1 Liter|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (fresh coriander)|
1. Blanch the cauliflower, bean and carrots, for 3 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain. Refresh with cold water. Set aside.
2. Fry the onions in a little sesame oil (or normal odorless oil) till software and transparent.
3. Add the stock. Season with the salt and pepper. Add the soya sauce and vinegar.
4. Add the tofu. Bring to the boil.
5. Add the blanched vegetables and haf the coriander. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add the rest of the coriander and lemon juice. Stir well.
7. Adjust seasoning (if you like it more chilli or sour) and serve with bread.