1. Take 2 oz (60 grams) of dried and shredded pollock from a package and tear each strip into thin pieces by hand about 2 ½ inch long (6 cm).
2. Peel a radish and slice it into small pieces (2 x 3 inch and 1/8 inch thick) to make 2 cups’ worth.
3. Slice 2 stalks of green onions and mince 4 cloves of garlic.
4. In a small bowl with a fork beat 1 egg and set aside.
5. Heat up a pot and add 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
6. Add the dried Pollock strips and the minced garlic to the pot and stir it for 30 seconds with a wooden spoon.
7. Add 7 cups of water and the radish.
8. Close the lid and boil for 20 minutes over high heat.
9. After 20 minutes, open the lid and add 2 tablespoons fish sauce.
10. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
11. Open the lid and pour the beaten egg into the boiling soup without stirrubg the soup until the beaten egg is cooked and floating.
12. Turn the heat off and add the green onion.
13. Stir it with a ladle so the green onion is cooked a little by the boiling soup.
14. Serve with rice and side dishes including kimchi.
One package of dried shredded pollock that I use in the video weighs 150 grams (about 5 oz), so you could make 5-6 servings with 1 package.
Want something delicious to cure your hangover? Bugeoguk is a Korean hangover soup, easy to make and extremely delicious. Maangchi shows each and every step clearly and also shows how to calculate ingredients for each serving. It’s interesting to watch her cooking, giving away tips and of course the background music.