Green And Gold Soup
|Potatoes||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Canned chicken broth/5 1/4 cups homemade chicken broth||42 Cup (672 tbs) (4 Cans, 10 1/2 Ounces Each)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Can (15 oz)|
|Half-and-half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raw spinach||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
1) In food a processor, process to slice the carrots, potatoes, and onion.
2) In a pot, place the carrots, potatoes and onions in broth and water.
3) Heat the vegetable mixture and simmer until tender.
4) Remove the vegetable mixture and allow to cool.
5) In a food processor, place the vegetable mixture in batches and process until puree.
6) Season the pureed mixture with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
7) In a food processor, puree spinach with 1 cup of vegetable puree.
8) Stir the spinach mixture with rest of the soup.
9) Transfer the soup to the pot and heat to serving temperature.
10) Serve the Green And Gold Soup hot in soup bowl, garnished with chopped parsley if desired.