Black Forest Potato Soup
|Leeks||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), thinly sliced, washed|
|Onions||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth/Canned chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Toasted breadcrumbs/Toasted croutons||5 (As Needed)|
1) In a large saucepan, place together leeks and onions with butter.
2) Cover with buttered wax and put the lid on.
3) Cook over medium heat until the vegetables are very soft.
4) Remove and discard paper, stir in the flour, and cook about 4 minutes.
5) Stream in the chicken stock and whisk hard.
6) Mix in the potatoes.
7) Heat the flour mixture to boil, put the lid, and simmer 30 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
8) Take the saucepan off the heat and allow to cool.
9) In a blender or food processor, process the potato mixture until pureed.
10) Transfer the puree back into saucepan.
11) Stir in the sour cream, salt, and pepper, in the puree.
12) Simmer the soup until heated. Do not boil.
13) Serve hot Black Forest Potato Soup in soup bowl and dredge with bread crumbs or croutons on top.