Shelf Reliance is your premier source for food storage emergency preparedness supplies and informational tools.
For the soup
2 Tablespoon (Optional)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced (Thrive Carrot dices used)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced (Thrive FD Celery used)
Chicken noodle soup mix
2 Cup (32 tbs) (Thrive Chicken soup mix)
6 Cup (96 tbs)
1⁄2 Pound, cooked, diced (1 Cup Thrive FD Chicken dices)
For the dumplings
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Thrive White Flour used)
Whole wheat flour
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Thrive Whole Wheat Flour used)
2 Teaspoon (Thrive Baking Powder used)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Thrive Cornmeal used)
1 Tablespoon (Thrive Sugar)
1 Teaspoon (Thrive Salt used)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (4 1/2 Tsp Thrive Instant Powdered Milk + 3/4 Cup Water)
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter and saute the diced carrots and celery until soft (if using fresh vegetables).
2. Add 6 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
3. Add 2 cups of creamy chicken noodle soup mix, stir until combined and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
(If using Thrive vegetables, bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add butter, Thrive carrot dices, celery and 2 cups of Thrive creamy chicken noodle soup mix. Stir and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes).
4. Meanwhile, to prepare the dumpling mix, in a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, cornmeal, sugar and salt.
5. Add the prepared milk and mix until just combined.
6. Into the simmering soup, drop 12 tbsp of the dumpling mixture, cover and simmer for another 12 minutes.
7. Serve this creamy chicken noodle soup with dumplings hot.