|Dried baby lima beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Marrow beans/Navy, pinto / any interesting combination of beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||5 , 3 whole and 2 chopped|
|Carrots||5 , thinly sliced|
|Barley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), washed|
|Split peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), washed|
|Lentils||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), washed|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Basil leaves||1 Teaspoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
1) In a large pot, boil together, lima beans and marrow beans, according to package directions.
2) In another large pot, place the remaining ingredients in water to cover and cook.
3) Remove the cooked beans away from heat and allow to cool.
4) In a blender, place 3/4 of the beans and process until pureed.
5) Stir the pureed beans into the other pot to thicken the soup.
6) Garnish with either of these grated Parmesan cheese, grilled onions, or sautéed mushrooms for variety.
Calories 295 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.96 g1.5%
Saturated Fat 0.21 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 214.5 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.5%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 17 g33.6%
Vitamin A 132.5% Vitamin C 24.1%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 35.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet