|Dried baby lima beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Marrow beans/Navy, pinto / any interesting combination of beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||5 , 3 whole and 2 chopped|
|Carrots||5 , thinly sliced|
|Barley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), washed|
|Split peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), washed|
|Lentils||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), washed|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Basil leaves||1 Teaspoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
1) In a large pot, boil together, lima beans and marrow beans, according to package directions.
2) In another large pot, place the remaining ingredients in water to cover and cook.
3) Remove the cooked beans away from heat and allow to cool.
4) In a blender, place 3/4 of the beans and process until pureed.
5) Stir the pureed beans into the other pot to thicken the soup.
6) Garnish with either of these grated Parmesan cheese, grilled onions, or sautéed mushrooms for variety.