|Sea bass/Black bass/red snapper fillets||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Pompano/Mackerel/swordfish fillets/steaks||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound (In Shells, 450 Gram)|
|Fresh clams/Oysters||1 1⁄2 Dozen (In Shells)|
|Rich fish broth||2 Quart (2 Liter)|
|Tomatoes||3 Pound (1350 Gram)|
|Lard/Vegetable oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Minced white onion||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Tomato paste||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|White vinegar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon (0.5 Milliliter)|
|Chopped fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped jalapeno chilies||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cut fish fillets and steaks into 2-inch (5-cm) squares, discarding any bones. Shell and devein shrimp, reserving shells for Rich Fish Broth. Scrub clams (or oysters) under cold running water with wire brush. Refrigerate all seafood, covered.
2. Prepare Rich Fish Broth.
3. Process tomatoes in blender until smooth. Heat lard in 6-quart (6-L) Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes.
4. Add Fish Broth, vinegar, bay leaves, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper to Dutch oven. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes
5. Add clams to soup; cook, covered, over medium heat 2 minutes. Add fish and shrimp. Simmer, covered, until fish is opaque throughout and clams have opened slightly, 5 to 6 minutes. Discard any unopened clams.
6. Ladle soup into individual bowls.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3593 Calories from Fat 1146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 127 g195.9%
Saturated Fat 42.1 g210.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1286.2 mg428.7%
Sodium 5000.2 mg208.3%
Total Carbohydrates 207 g69%
Dietary Fiber 20.8 g83.1%
Sugars 38.8 g
Protein 363 g725.7%
Vitamin A 308.5% Vitamin C 424.4%
Calcium 88.4% Iron 417.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet