Chili Con Queso Soup
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Canned mild green chiles||12 Ounce, drained, seeded, and finely chopped (Three 4 Ounce Cans)|
|Canned plum tomatoes||58 Ounce, drained, seeded, and finely chopped (Four 14 1/2 Ounce Cans)|
|Cream cheese||12 Ounce, cut into bits (Four 3 Ounce Packages)|
|Canned chicken broth||29 Ounce (Two 14 1/2 Ounce Cans)|
|Half-and-half||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||8 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Julienned tortilla strips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (As Needed)|
|Green onions||2 , chopped (As Needed)|
|Monterey jack cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated (For Garnish)|
1) In a saucepan, heat butter and saute onion stirring occasionally until onion is softened.
2) Stir in chilies and tomatoes.
3) Allow the mixture to cook for 8 to 10 minutes until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
4) Add the cream cheese in the onion mixture and stir over moderate heat until cheese melts.
5) Mix in chicken broth, half-and-half, lemon juice, cayenne, and salt.
6) Heat soup over moderate heat until hot, but do not boil.
7) Serve the Chili Con Queso Soup in individual soup bowls
8) Dredge the Chili Con Queso Soup with tortilla strips, green onions, and Monterey jack cheese.