1. In a pan, put 1 teaspoon butter and saute the onion and pepper till tender and soft. Set aside.
2. In a crock pot add all the ingredients except evaporated milk.
3. Cook on low for 10 hours (or on high for 6 hours).
4. Before the last hour of cooking add the evaporated milk and continue cooking for 1 hour.
5. In a serving bowl, serve the soup hot with breadsticks, crusty bread or as it is.
Sometimes a simple homemade potato soup is more satisfying than an elaborate meal. And if you love cooking in a Crockpot, this recipe is going to be very simple. Just dump everything leaving the evaporated milk into the Crockpot and cook for 10 hours. The most important ingredient in the recipe is the bacon that gives a nice flavor to the slow cooked potato soup.