Creamy Caramelized Onion Soup
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||4 Large, sliced|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium, chopped|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Egg yolk||3 Medium|
1) In a large heavy pot, melt the butter over a medium heat.
2) Add the onions and sugar, cook covered for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are a caramalized.
3) Stir in the garlic and cook for 35 to 40 seconds.
4) Then stir in the flour and cook for 35 to 40 seconds, stirring constantly.
5) Gradually add the milk and cream, stirring constantly over a low heat, until slightly thickened.
6) In a small heat proof bowl, whisk three egg yolks.
7) Whisk 3 to 4 tablespoons of hot soup mixture into the egg yolks, then return the egg yolk mixture into the soup pot.
8) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9) Ladle the soup into soup bowls and serve hot.
Calories 584 Calories from Fat 436
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.2%
Saturated Fat 30.3 g151.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 250 mg83.3%
Sodium 397.9 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 36.7% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 20.3% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet