In this recipe video, Dani Spies demonstrates - how to kick up a can of soup to prepare delicious and nutritious meal, when you are not in a mood to cook. Simply add a handful of fresh ingredients or frozen foods to make a flavorful meal for your dinner. Today, she is cooking a lentil soup kicked up with a Greek flair.
1 Clove (5 gm), chopped
Red pepper flakes
1 1⁄2 Pinch
1 Can (10 oz)
Fresh baby spinach
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Freshly ground black pepper
Crumbled feta cheese
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Topping)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Topping)
1. Heat a pot over a medium flame. Add olive oil.
2. Add onions, garlic and a good pinch of red pepper flakes. Sauté it till it becomes tender.
3. Add a can of lentil soup.
4. Add dried oregano and fresh baby spinach. Cook it for 5 minutes or until the spinach gets wilted. Your soup is ready to serve.
5. To serve Greek Lentil Soup, take the soup in a big bowl. Top it with freshly ground black pepper, crumbled feta cheese and pita chips.
Even if you are not in a mood to cook, you still can serve nutritious and delicious food on your dinner table, by using your stock of canned soup products. Here, the chef is using the canned lentil soup and adding certain ingredients to give it a Greek flavor. It comes out to be quick and extremely delicious within just a few minutes. After watching this video, you are going to love the tips on quick cooking.