Chicken Asparagus Soup
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Homemade / Canned / From Bouillon Cubes)|
|Cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen asparagus spears||10 Ounce, cooked and cut into chunks (1 Package)|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
1. Put onion and 2 tablespoons butter into a 3-quart glass casserole. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 3 minutes at High, or until onion is tender; stir once.
2. Stir flour into onion-butter mixture. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 1 minute at High.
3. Add broth gradually, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken, parsley and lemon juice. Set aside.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher in microwave oven (about 30 seconds at High). Stir in flour. Cook uncovered 30 seconds at High.
5. Add milk gradually to butter-flour mixture, stirring constantly. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 3 minutes at High, or until slightly thickened; stir twice.
6. Reserve asparagus tips for garnish. Stir remaining asparagus, salt and pepper into sauce. Add to chicken mixture and mix well. Heat uncovered in microwave oven to serving temperature (about 8 minutes at High, or if using Temperature Probe, set at 160°F and at High); stir twice. Garnish with reserved asparagus tips.