Bird S Nest Soup
|Dried bird's nest||1⁄4 Pound|
|White chicken meat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Stock||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Soak bird's nest.
2. Bring stock to a boil. Add soaked bird's nest and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile mince chicken. Mix with sherry and the second quantity of cold stock until smooth; then blend in egg whites.
4. Mince scallion. Blend cornstarch and remaining cold stock to a paste.
5. Add salt to heated stock, then chicken mixture, stirring constantly to blend well.
6. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken stock. Sprinkle with scallion and serve.