Hot Sour Soup
|Dried macfe mushrooms||4|
|Lean pork||1⁄4 Pound|
|Bean curd cakes||2|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||3 Drop|
|Stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Mushroom soaking liquid||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Soak dried mushrooms. Reserve soaking liquid.
2. Sliver mushrooms, pork and bean curd. Mince scallion. Beat egg lightly. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
3. Bring stock and mushroom soaking liquid to a boil. Add pork and mushrooms and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
4. Add bean curd and simmer, covered, 3 minutes more.
5. Stir in sherry, vinegar, salt, soy sauce and pepper. Thicken with cornstarch paste.
6. Slowly add beaten egg, stirring gently once or twice. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with sesame oil and minced scallion.