Pot Herb Soup
|Leek||1 , washed and sliced|
|Shelled green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Canned chicken consomme/Canned chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs), canned|
|Shallot/Onion||1 , sliced|
|Chives sprig||2 (Fresh)|
|Chervil sprig||2 (Fresh)|
|Parsley sprig||6 (Fresh)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Cook the leek and peas in two and one-half cups consomme until tender.
2. Meanwhile, chop the shallot, chives, chervil and parsley very fine.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and stir with a wire whisk until well blended. Meanwhile bring the milk and remaining consomme to a boil and add all at once to the butter-flour mixture, stirring vigorously with the whisk. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Blend the sauce with the leek and peas and the liquid in which they were cooked. Add the chopped shallot and herbs and mix well.
5. Beat the egg yolks with the heavy cream and add to the soup. Thicken by bringing to the boiling point, but do not let boil. Remove from the heat