Easy Egg Drop Soup
|Dried black mushrooms||2|
|Lean pork||1⁄4 Pound|
|Sesame oil||6 Drop|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Shred pork. Combine cornstarch, sherry and egg white; add to pork and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame oil.
3. Shred bamboo shoots and soaked mushrooms. Mince scallion stalk. Blend cold stock and remaining cornstarch.
4. Put remaining stock in a pan with mushrooms, bamboo shoots, soy sauce and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until soup begins to thicken.
6. Add pork and cook 1 minute more. Meanwhile beat eggs.
7. Pour eggs in slowly, stirring constantly until they separate into shreds, then turn off heat. Sprinkle with minced scallions and pepper.