Shellfish Soup Provencal
|Salad oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Leek||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Yellow onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Canned peeled tomatoes||1 Pound|
|Mussels||1 Pound, cleaned|
|Clam juice||16 Ounce (2 Bottles, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|White wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Cut the halibut into 1-inch cubes. Salt lightly.
2. Shell the shrimp and boil the shells in 2 quarts water for about 8 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a thick casserole, add saffron, leek, onion, and garlic. Saute lightly without allowing to change color.
4. Pour in the tomatoes with their liquid, strained shrimp liquid, and seasonings. Let simmer covered for 15 minutes.
5. Add the halibut and simmer for 2 minutes. Add mussels and shrimp and cook for an additional 5 minutes.