|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bay leaf||1 Small|
|Live lobsters||2 Small|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|White bread slice||4|
|Madeira/White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Bring the water and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Tie the peppercorns, onion, carrot, parsley, bay leaf and thyme in cheesecloth, add to the boiling water and simmer five minutes.
2. Return to a boil, add the lobster, reduce heat and simmer, covered, fifteen minutes.
3. Remove the herb bag and strain the stock. Set the lobsters aside to cool, then remove the meat from the shells.
4. Add the chicken broth and bread to the stock and stir until the bread has blended with the stock.
5. Reserve some of the claw meat for garnishing. Chop the remaining lobster meat coarsely and add to the soup. Add the wine and reheat. Add the butter and garnish with reserved meat.