Onion Soup Cyrano
|Sliced onions||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef stock||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1|
|French bread slice||4 , toasted|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to hot (400° F.).
2. Saute onions in four tablespoons of the butter until golden, stirring often.
3. Add the stock and boil ten minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Place the toast in one large or four small casseroles, add the soup and sprinkle with cheese. Dot the top with bits of the remaining butter.
5. Bake until the top is golden brown.