Curry Flavored Roasted Cauliflower Soup
|Head of cauliflower||3 1⁄2 Pound, separated into 1 inch florets (1 Head Cauliflower)|
|Basting oil||2 Teaspoon (Wegmans)|
|Sea salt||To Taste (Wegmans)|
|Cracked pepper||To Taste (Wegmans)|
|Pure olive oil||3 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Cut mirepoix||16 Ounce, cleaned (2 Packages, Food You Feel Good About)|
|Bananas||2 Medium, peeled, 1 inch dice|
|Mcintosh apples||3 Medium, cored, 1 inch dice|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Mccormick Gourmet Collection Hot Madras)|
|Vegetable stock||64 Ounce (2 Cartons, Food You Feel Good About, Culinary Stock)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Wegmans)|
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
1. Toss 2 cups of the smaller florets with basting oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Roast about 20 min until edges of florets are dark golden brown. Set aside. Turn off oven.
2. Heat olive oil in large stockpot on MEDIUM until oil faintly smokes. Add mirepoix; cook, stirring, about 3 min, until vegetables are soft, but not browned. Add the rest of the cauliflower. Cook, stirring occasionally, 15 min.
3. Add banana and apple. Add curry powder, stirring to coat all ingredients. Cook about 5 min.
4. Stir in vegetable stock; bring to simmer (takes 5-10 min). Reduce to MEDIUM-LOW; cook about 15 min or until vegetables and fruit are tender.
5. Puree soup until smooth with handheld or conventional blender (see Chef Tips). Stir in cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into warm bowls. Garnish with roasted cauliflower florets.