This week it's all about comfort in the Casa de Kitchen Witch. Pull up a chair, grab a cup of tea (or wine) and settle in as I make a magically delicious recipe for hamburger soup and share some hard won wisdom about the importance of self worth and how to achieve it.
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Large, diced
2 , diced
2 , peeled and diced
Extra lean ground beef
4 , minced
1 Can (10 oz)
Low sodium beef stock
4 Cup (64 tbs)
14 Ounce (canned tomatoes used)
3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked al dente
1. Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a large dutch oven.
2. Saute the onions, celery, carrots, and ground beef until beef begins to brown and vegetables become tender.
3. Add the Creole seasoning, Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic and continue to saute until the beef is fully cooked.
4. Add the beans, beef stock, tomatoes, and bay leaves. Simmer on medium low heat for 30 minutes.
5. Serve in large deep bowls with 3/4 cup macaroni noodles per serving