Chipotle Sweet Potato Soup from Healthy Happy Vegan Kitchen Cookbook
|Sweet potatoes||1 Large (or 2 small sweet potatoes)|
|Vegetable broth||1 Cup (16 tbs) (3⁄4 to 1 cup)|
|Non-dairy milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1 Teaspoon (grade B maple syrup)|
|Chipotle powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Virgin coconut oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Avocado||1⁄2 (diced and tossed in fresh lime juice)|
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Poke a few holes in the potato using a fork. Bake the sweet potato until tender, sticky, and sweet, about 60 minutes.
- Remove the skin and place the flesh in a high-speed blender.
- Add the broth, the nondairy milk, maple syrup, chipotle powder, coconut oil, and salt and pepper to taste and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Blend on High Speed. Blend for about 30 seconds if potatoes are hot and 4-6 minutes if cold, until steam escapes the lid.
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1. Turn the machine on and slowly increase to Variable Speed 10/High. Blend for about 30 seconds if potatoes are hot and 4-6 minutes if cold, until steam escapes the lid.
- For thinner soup, add a few more splashes of the broth or any of the liquids.
- Transfer the soup to a saucepan and simmer over low heat until ready to serve.
- Garnish with the avocado over the top and serve.
Calories 255 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 496.8 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.8%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 240.8% Vitamin C 14.8%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet