Easy Watermelon Sorbet
|Chopped watermelon||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Mint leaves||8 , chopped|
1) In a sauce pan add water and sugar.
2) Turn the burner to medium low heat until the water and sugar come to a simmer and the sugar has dissolved.
3) When the sugar water has now become simple syrup, it needs to cool.
4) You can either place the mixture in the fridge for one hour or make an ice bath.
5) To make a ice bath add water and ice cubes in a sink or large bowl.
6) Place the sauce pan in the ice bath making sure you don’t add any liquid to your simple syrup.
7) Next begin to chop 8 cups of fresh watermelon.
8) Place the watermelon in a blender or food processor and blend the watermelon so it becomes a liquid.
9) Then run the liquid through a strainer under a large bowl, making sure no seeds or pulp pass through. Discard pulp.
10) Once you have the strained liquid, start to add the lemon juice and simple syrup. Give the watermelon juice a good stir.
11) Add the watermelon juice to your ice cream maker. (Make sure you prepare your ice cream maker to the directions that come with your specific product.)
12) Do not fill juice to the top. Make sure to leave enough room so the watermelon sorbet does not overflow.
13) Once the juice is in the ice cream maker, turn on and let the ice cream maker do it’s thing for 40 minutes.
14) With 5 minutes remaining chop mint leaves and add to the watermelon sorbet.
15) After 40 minutes check to make sure your juice has become thick and sorbet like.
16) If your juice has not become sorbet, let it mix for another 10 minutes.
17) Serve sorbet right away or place in an air tight container and freeze for later enjoyment!
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1125 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.6%
Saturated Fat 0.19 g0.93%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 12.2 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 289 g96.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 271.2 g
Protein 7 g14.3%
Vitamin A 130.8% Vitamin C 182.9%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet