Poire William Sorbet
|Sweet white wine||15 Fluid Ounce (450 Milliliter)|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|William bon chretien pears||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Poire william liqueur||45 Milliliter (3 Level Tablespoon)|
1. In a large heatproof bowl, tip in the wine and the sugar
2. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes or till done
3. Cool this syrup over ice
4. Peel and core the pears
5. Cube the flesh of the pears
6. Tip the flesh into the shallow heatproof dish
7. Sprinkle the flesh with the 2 tablespoons of the partly cooled syrup
8. Microwave uncovered, on HIGH for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes.
9. Mash or puree the pulp till the mix is smooth
10. Add the Poire William to the cooled syrup
11. Tip the mixture to the shallow freeze proof dish
12. Cover, seal and chill the mixture for 2-3 hours
13. Crush the mixture in a food processor or with an electric beater several times
14. Whisk the egg whites till they form soft stiff peaks
15. Add this to the sorbet and fold in gently
16. Cover, seal and freeze for 2 hours till firm
17. Before serving, remove the container from the freezer compartment and place in the refrigerator. Alternatively, place in the microwave for 20-25 seconds and microwave on HIGH, covered.
18. Crush with a spoon until crumbly and then serve in tall glasses.