Savory Yellow Pepper Sorbet
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), skinned and crushed|
|Red chili||1⁄2 Small, seeded and sliced (Use Fresh)|
|Caster sugar||30 Milliliter (2 Level Tablespoon)|
|Sweet white wine||90 Milliliter (6 Tablespoon, Medium)|
|Coriander sprig/Chervil sprigs||3 (For Garnish)|
1. Slice each pepper crosswise to remove a small lid of stem and flesh. Set these lids aside. Discard the seeds and membranes, then slice the flesh into thin strips.
2. Put the pepper strips, garlic and chilli into a medium heatproof bowl. Cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the sugar and wine, then puree this mixture using a food processor or blender. Cool over ice.
4. Whisk the egg whites with salt until stiff peaks form, then fold into the cooled pepper puree. Turn into a shallow, freezeproof plastic container, cover, seal and fast freeze for 2 hours or until frozen to a slush. Crush using a food processor or electric beater.
5. Cover the container and seal again, freezing until firm (about 1 1/2 hours).
6. 'Ripen', using the microwave for 20-30 seconds on HIGH, covered.
7. Stir the mixture until it becomes crumbly. Serve scoops on to chilled plates garnished with the reserved lids and sprigs of coriander or chervil.