Sorbet Au Champagne
|Caster sugar||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Water||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Lemons||2 , juiced|
|Champagne||18 Fluid Ounce (500 Milliliter)|
|Champagne||1 Cup (16 tbs), chilled (For Serving)|
1. Turn the refrigerator to its coldest setting.
2. Put the sugar and water in a heavy pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Boil rapidly for a few minutes until syrupy. Leave until cold.
3. Whisk the lemon juice and champagne into the cold sugar syrup, then pour the mixture into a freezer container.
4. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, then transfer to the freezing compartment or freezer. Freeze for 1-2 hours or until half-frozen.
5. Turn the sorbet mixture into a large bowl, then beat again to break up the ice crystals. Return to the freezer container, cover and freeze again for at least 4 hours or until firm.
6. Transfer the sorbet to the main body of the refrigerator to soften for a few minutes before scooping into individual serving dishes.
7. Sprinkle each serving with a little champagne and serve immediately.