Zinfandel Sorbet with Poached Pears
|Zinfandel||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pear nectar||5 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Pears||1 Cup (16 tbs), poached|
|Zinfandel wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Anjou pears/Bartlett pears||4 Medium, halved|
1. For making the Zinfandel Sorbet: In a medium saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatine over cold water and let stand 1 minute.
2. Stir over low heat until gelatine is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in sugar until dissolved, then stir in remaining ingredients.
4. Into 9-inch square baking pan pour and let it freeze 3 hours or until firm.
5. Using electric mixer or food processor, beat mixture until smooth.
6. Return to pan and let it freeze 6 hours or until firm.
7. Serve sorbet in Poached Pears, drizzled with Poached Pears syrup, or serve in stemmed glassware.
8. Garnish, if desired, with fresh mint.
9. For making poached Pears: In large skillet, thoroughly blend wine, sugar and lemon juice.
10. Put in pear halves, cut side down, and simmer covered 15 minutes or until pears are tender.
11. Remove pears and chill.
12. Cook remaining liquid, uncovered, over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half and let it chill.