|Canned lychee in syrup||14 Ounce (1 Can, 425 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Water||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Strawberries||1 1/2 Pound , hulled (750 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a saucepan, strain the lychee juice and then halve the lychees and add the flesh to the pan.
2) Heat gently for about 5 minutes and then puree in a blender until smooth.
3) In a pan, gently heat the sugar and water until the sugar dissolves. Allow to boil and simmer for about 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and keep aside to cool.
4) Puree the hulled strawberries and the lemon juice in a blender, adding the cooled sugar syrup while blending. Sieve and stir into the lychees.
5) In a plastic container, pour the mixture and freeze for about 1 hour. Remove and beat the mixture, then freeze again until set.
6) Slightly soften the sorbet and serve in scoops.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1311Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.1%
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 73 mg3.04%
Total Carbohydrates 316 g105.3%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52%
Sugars 243 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet