|Gooseberries||2 Pound, topped and tailed|
|Caster sugar||8 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take a saucepan and add gooseberries and water. Boil the mixture and cover the pan.
2) Simmer until gooseberries are tender. Allow the mixture to cool.
3) Strain the mixture in a container. Pour lemon juice and add food coloring, if desired. Blend well.
4) Place the container in the freezer and freeze until squishy. Turn out into a large basin.
5) In a bowl, beat eggs until they stand in stiff peaks and gently add them to the mushy ice cream mixture. Blend well.
6) Pour the mixture into the container and freeze until firm.
7) Serve frozen.
Canned gooseberries can also be used but omit water and sugar from the recipe. Frozen gooseberries can be used by following the same recipe.
Calories 226 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.89 g1.4%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.29%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 17.6 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.1%
Sugars 38 g
Protein 2 g4.8%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 73.6%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet