1) In a heavy-set saucepan, add in the sugar and pour in 300ml water. Stir continuously and bring it to a boil. Sugar must dissolve completely.
2) Reduce the sugar syrup by half by continuing to boil. The syrup must thicken but not turn brownish.
3) Take the pan away from the heat. Put in the 2 bottles of Benecol Fruit & Dairy Smoothie. Keep stirring to mix it well. Let it cool down for 5 minutes. Give it a stir again to evenly mix.
4) Pour it into a freezer container and freeze for 1 hour. Then, mix to distribute the ice and re-freeze for an hour further. Keep repeating this process before re-freezing completely overnight.
5) Serve the sorbet scooped into bowls, decorated with lime slices.