Raspberry Sorbet Crush
|Raspberries||8 Ounce, thawed if frozen (225 Gram)|
|Lime juice||1 , rind grated and juiced|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Caster sugar||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Egg whites||2 Medium|
1. Set the freezer to rapid freeze. If using fresh raspberries pick over and lightly rinse.
2. Place the raspberries in a dish and, using a masher, mash to a chunky puree.
3. Place the lime rind and juice, orange juice and half the caster sugar in a large heavy-based saucepan.
4. Heat gently stirring frequently until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for about 5 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and pour carefully into a freezable container.
6. Leave to cool, then place in the freezer and freeze for 2 hours, stirring occasionally to break up the ice crystals.
7. Fold the ice mixture into the raspberry puree with a metal spoon and freeze for a further 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
8. Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Then gradually whisk in the remaining caster sugar a tablespoon at a time until the egg white mixture is stiff and glossy.
9. Fold into the raspberry sorbet with a metal spoon and freeze for 1 hour. Spoon into tall glasses and serve immediately. Remember to return the freezer to its normal setting.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1188 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.2%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.52%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 101.8 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 283 g94.3%
Dietary Fiber 15.4 g61.6%
Sugars 258.1 g
Protein 11 g21.8%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 321%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet